Friday, April 8, 2016

on daily devotion...

I've never felt big pressure on this metric. But I've seen it on occasion and do what I can to share my testimony and dispel the legalistic tendencies of that view-- that I have (relatively) rarely done "daily devotionals".

The closest I've come to daily: running for Congress, I read the Gospels over and over again, a few chapters per day. I've also had a few runs where I read devotionals, mostly daily, over a long period.

Two big caveats: I went through a long period where I was studying Scripture ten hours per week-- in chunks, typically over 2-4 days. Presumably, I'm living off of the capital accumulated over that run. And my prayer life is a lifestyle more than an event, so I'm talking with God regularly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home